Dances We Teach in Sarasota
No matter where you are in your dancing journey, we offer the best classes in Sarasota, FL for your age and level. Arthur Murray Dance Centers Sarasota teaches different dance styles to ensure you’re ready for any event in your life. Residents from Sarasota, Venice, and Osprey can expect to gain confidence and grace as they learn to move across the floor to different styles of dance. Contact us to get started learning today!
New Student Dance Special – First Lesson for $25
Social dancing is one of the most popular forms of dance. Whether you’re on vacation, at our studio, or out on the town, our dance lessons give you a way to show off your new skills! Arthur Murray Dance Centers Sarasota prepares you for:
- Corporate Events – Stand out from your colleagues with your elite dancing skills at corporate events.
- Wedding Receptions – Be the star of the dance floor getting your groove on to classic wedding dance songs.
- Cruises – Breakout the latest moves every day and night of the week on your cruise vacation.
- Family Events – Be the life of the party at your family gatherings by showing off your moves.
- Nightclubs – Be ready to dance the night away! No matter the type of music, there’s a dance for every genre.
If you want to take your dance skills to the next level, competitive dancing is perfect for you. Whether you love competition or need a fun way to put your dance hobby on the fast track, competitive dancing is a great way to push you out of your comfort zone. Contrary to popular belief, competitions are not just for advanced dancers. Any skill level of any age can enjoy the adrenaline rush of being on the big floor. In fact, the best time to try competitions is when you are just beginning! Push yourself while improving your self-confidence and see the world at the same time. Arthur Murray hosts and organizes the best events across the globe; Italy, Peru, Hawaii, Cancun and so many more! Not ready to travel the world with your dancing? We also have in-studio events that provide an easy way to get started participating in larger public events. No matter the event you are looking to try, our instructors at Arthur Murray Sarasota will ensure a light-hearted, fun, and overall amazing experience.
All eyes are on the happy couple as you come together with your new spouse for the first dance at your wedding. Give your family and friends a surprise while giving yourselves the gift of a lifetime. The first dance will be one to remember forever. Let your guests see your synchronized movements and harmony as an expression of your love, chemistry, and unity with each other. Here are a few tips from our wedding experts about learning to dance for your big day:
- Get started four to six months earlier to allow enough time to look natural in each other’s arms.
- Patience is key. Don’t put too much pressure on yourselves. Dancing is usually the most fun part of planning for a wedding!
- Let the instructor do the teaching. This ensures the most enjoyable experience and allows you to focus on what is actually important. Each other!
- Practice in shoes similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on your wedding day.
- Take advantage of our practice sessions by using them as mini-rehearsals of the big day.
- Utilize our group classes for muscle memory and to help with learning as quickly as possible.
Youth Dance Programs
Our youth dance program helps children get a head start in confidence and body language. Our Ballroom Dance Lessons teach children how to maintain boundaries, interact socially, and feel confident in high-pressure situations. Dancing conditions their body, mind, and spirit. Our youth dance programs give children a gift that will last a lifetime.